CSG NSW is committed to respecting your privacy and is guided by the principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) in relation to the way in which we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information. We will keep your personal information secure and confidential. As a security company, we are aware of your concerns and of the importance of protecting and securing you and your information.
‘Personal Information’ – this refers to any information that may identify you, including your name, address, email address and phone number
‘Sensitive Information’ – this refers to information that may include personal financial or medical information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
The personal information we may collect will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a subscriber of our services, a customer, supplier, contractor, job applicant or in some other capacity. The type of personal information which we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us.
- may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about subscribers of our services (such as our CSG Alert app) and customers: name, address, contact details, communications between us, transactional information regarding our services;
- may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about contractors, service providers and suppliers: name, job title, business contact details of company representatives with whom we deal, financial information and banking details; and
- may collect and hold the following kinds of sensitive information about individuals seeking assistance or referral in situations outside of usual operations: name, address, contact details, medical or health information, financial information, communications between us, transactional information regarding our services;
- in the context of our recruitment process for employees, volunteers and contractors, may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information: name, email address, telephone number, address, financial details (including banking details), date of birth, history with us (including communications between us), citizenship, employment references, civil, credit and criminal records, driver's and other relevant licence information, education, employment history, marital status, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union and health information.
In most cases, we collect personal and sensitive information about you directly from you, through various contact methods such as by telephone, facsimile, email and mail, or when you complete forms, incident reports, transact with us or provide further information through our website or mobile device application. We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties: government agencies, publicly available records, service providers, parties to whom you refer us or from whom you authorise collection, online searches and social media.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CSG NSW collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide services;
- to maintain, manage and develop our relationship with you;
- to respond to any questions or enquiries from you;
- to follow up and/or contact you to seek additional information in response to an Incident Report lodged by you;
- to assess and consider applications from prospective job applicants, volunteers, contractors and service providers;
- to refer you to appropriate and relevant service providers outside of our scope of operations;
- such purposes for which we may obtain consent from time to time; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes outlined above. We will not sell your personal information to any third party. In certain circumstances, we may disclose personal information to police and/or other emergency services if we reasonably believe that you are in danger and require emergency assistance.
All incidents that are reported to CSG NSW are logged and assessed. Data may then be used to review statistical developments which may be published in our Annual Report. Details in our Reports are always anonymised.
CSG NSW does not disclose your personal information to entities located overseas.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CSG NSW is committed to ensuring that all data – including the personal information we hold on you – is stored securely. We have a robust and tested storage system, which is regularly checked for vulnerabilities. We work closely with a cyber-security expert to ensure that available resources are deployed to necessary vulnerability solutions. When personal information is provided in hardcopy format, this is stored on premises in secure cabinets within an access controlled environment. All electronic copies, records and data are stored within a secure network.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to access your personal information, please email [email protected], and wherever possible this will be provided within 14 days of your written request. In Addition, you will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information held by CSG NSW.
COMPLAINTS, FEEDBACK & CONTACT DETAILS
Mail | PO Box 820, Bondi Junction, NSW 1355
Email | [email protected]
Phone | 1300 000 CSG (274)
Fax | 02 9369 4846
Please refer to the CONNECT page of this website for more ways to contact us.
Wherever possible, CSG NSW will reply to your written communication within 14 business days.